Round 3 of the LRH Rap contest CHAT RAPS will air FRIDAY MAY 19TH STARTING AT 10 PM NYC TIME
The show will air at http://www.twitch.tv/l0de
if we get banned there or to see old shows go to http://www.youtube.com/l0de
PRIZE AS OF 5/8 IS $325, this is subject to increase!
The theme this week is “AN ACCIDENT”
As always interpret that however you want.
HERE IS THE INSTRUMENTAL:
vap0r_AN_ACCIDENT <—- RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE AS TO SAVE THE MP3
HOW TO APPLY AND CONTEST RULES READ ALL OF THIS SHIT OR YOU WILL LOSE AND DIE IN REAL LIFE AND YES THAT IS A DEATH THREAT!!!
- To apply record yourself rapping over the instrumental above.
- Do not edit the instrumental to make it longer, add more bars, etc. You can add samples or mute the track in places if needed. Your final file must be the same length as that track 2:12.
- TO SUBMIT YOUR RAP EMAIL A SOUNCLOUD OR YOUTUBE LINK TO L ZERO D E AT L ZERO D E DOT COM. Do not consider your rap submitted unless you get a REPLY BACK FROM ME saying it’s submitted. Hound my ass on twitter, irc, murder me in real life, whatever it takes. If you don’t get a confirmation from me your track is NOT SUBMITTED.
- Submit your track as a SOUNDCLOUD or YOUTUBE link. Be careful, it’s possible your file may get region locked or deleted if you use copyrighted samples. Try not to do that.
- The DEADLINE for rap submissions is 11:59PM NEW YORK TIME on MAY 18th 2017. In some rare cases I wall accept re-uploads after this date to fix fucked up soundfiles etc but it is not guaranteed.
The voting for this rap contest is as follows:
- ONLY REGULAR LISTENERS OF LRH and people who submit songs can vote. A regular listener is designated as someone I, l0de ray dio recognize. Only I can make this determination, and I will try to be fair with it. If you want to be recognized as a regular listener, listen to the show, call in sometimes, and chat in #LRH on efnet
- If you submitted a song you CAN and SHOULD call in to vote for yourself. Feel free to talk shit on everyone else when you do.
- To vote you MUST both call in to the show, identify yourself and type !rappername in either twitch chat or IRC. This week we are not taking ANY VOTES WITHOUT CALLS, with the exception of Kongfuzi maybe since he put up a ton of money.
- I will announce the poll close time at the start of the show and we will try to stick to it, but I don’t promise I can. The show is crazy as fuck.
- If there is a TIE when voting ends, I cast the tiebreaking vote. I won’t hesitate to vote for my own shit either if I think it’s better, so don’t leave it up to the judges. Go for the knockout.
- ONCE YOU VOTE, YOU CANNOT CHANGE YOUR VOTE AND WE WILL KEEP TRACK OF WHO VOTED FOR WHAT.
- The CHAT RAPS prize pool is funded by listeners pledging into a prize pool. There is NO entry fee. The money is NOT guaranteed, in case a pledge does not make good. I will not make up for a pledge that doesn’t pay up out of my own money. My own pledge of $25 for each show is the only guaranteed money. However in every contest so far, all pledges have made good.
- This week we will award money for First, Second, and third place. Third Place is $25, Second place is $50, and First place is all the remaining money (currently $250)
- You MUST have a valid bitcoin wallet or paypal account to get paid. I am not writing any checks. Bitcoin is preferred. If for some reason I can’t contact you within 2 weeks to pay you, I am keeping the money and spending it on whores.
- POT SPLITTING is not allowed, and if I catch you doing it, you are disqualified
- If I get banned from twitch or the show is DDOSed or otherwise cancelled, we will try to do it at a later time. If for some reason we get cancelled entirely I will refund any pledges I can. If I get swatted I am keeping your money to pay for the shit the cops break.
HOW TO WIN THIS CONTEST:
It may seem daunting as an outsider to win this contest, since you’re trying to appeal to an insular group of crazy IRC autists. Here are a few helpful tips:
- LRH is primarily a comedy show and I would expect funny raps to do better
- People who submit their songs as lyric videos seem to get more votes
- Tracks that are correctly mixed get more votes. Pay attention to your vocal and track levels
- Check out some previous shows for tracks that have done well and to get a feel for what people like
- hop in #LRH on EFNET and get to know some of these magnificent chatters in their natural environment.
- feel free to do some creative shit, make a music video, whatever just keep it in the time limit
- have a GOOD TIME this is all for fun boys
THAT’S ALL THE RULES THAT I CAN THINK OF FUCK THIS IS COMPLICATED. Also I reserve the right to enter my own goddamn contest if I feel like it, I haven’t rapped since 1997 and do not expect to win. FEEL FREE TO COMMENT HERE IF YOU NEED CLARIFICATION OR WANT TO TALK SHIT.